Rev. Dr. Isaac Owusu has successfully retained the position as the Central Regional GNAT Chairman after announcing his intention to contest for re-election in the regional delegates conference for the position of regional chairman.
He won the position again after serving the union for the past 4 years.
The Ghana National Association of Teachers was established in 1960 as the recognized Association of teachers in pre-tertiary schools and institutions in Ghana.
The Association was established to unite members and present a unified front to advise government in education Policy formulation and implementation.
It is also to act as the ‘spokesman’ to discuss and influence government in the formulation and implementation of better conditions for teachers.
Here is the list of the Central Region GNAT Executives elect for the period 2021 to 2025.
- CHAIRMAN – REV. DR. ISAAC OWUSU
- VICE CHAIRMAN -WILLIAM WILBERFORCE ESHUN
- TREASURER – LETICIA MENSAH
- TEACHERS FUND TRUSTEE – ROCKSON BOATENG
- TRUSTEE – WILLIAM NDEDE
- BASIC EDUCATION REP. – DORCAS KEDIDOR
- SHS REP. – GERMAINE KWARTENG
- YOUTH COORDINATOR – DOMINIC TAYLOR
- REGIONAL GNATLAS COORDINATOR – HENRIETTA BAAH
- REGIONAL EDUCATION REP – ALI MENSAH
- REGIONAL TVET COORDINATOR – WILLIAM EDMUND THOMPSON