The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has pronounced that the Ghana card would be the only document accepted for player registration for the 2022/23 upcoming season.
The Ghana Card, according to the GFA, will be “the only evidence of identification for registration; renewals, transfers, and new registrations.”
The GFA announced the reopening of the transfer window and stated that teams which do not comply with the new directives will be unable to sign new players.
The registration period begins on Friday, July 1, 2022 and ends on Monday, August 15, 2022 to enable Premier League, Division One League, and Women’s Premier League clubs register their players and make moves.
The GFA’s Registration and Transfer Window regulations are as follows:
- All queries for 2021/22 season on the club’s dashboard when vetted after July 1, 2022 will revert to 2021/22 season and therefore clubs will have to renew the registration of the players again for the 2022/23 season.
- Payment of registration licenses must be made before applications are submitted for vetting else such applications shall not be inspected and shall be disallowed in the system.
- Wrong, fake, unreadable documents in their application, SHALL be rejected in the system.
- The GHANA CARD shall be the only proof of identity for registration both renewals, transfers and new registration.
- All transfers both domestic and international must be done in the TMS before registration can be completed in the registration system.
- Clubs are to ensure that they check the player’s name in the system, before registering a player as a new player and taking full responsibility and consequences for the new registration.
- Club that refuses to release an amateur player to the new club, the GFA shall release the amateur player to the new club to ensure smooth registration of such a player.
- Club that refuses to counter instruct a transfer request in the DTMS when there is a transfer agreement, the player involved will be declared free and all the benefits in the transfer agreement will be nullified.